Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011



Six days old! I know that it may seem unimportant, but everyday is important in my life. My mom and dad are very excited that tomorrow will mark my one week birthday. At 2:30 PM almost one week ago I was born, a very small 1lb. and 6oz. Only being 25 weeks and 5 days gestationally, everyone knew that I had a long road ahead. But... now I am almost a week old and am doing well. I started eating breast milk today and have been handling it well. Mom was able to hold the tube while I ate the second time. I still have the lung tubes in my throat, so my milk goes straight into a tube, down my throat, and into my stomach. Mom was also able to help me a lot today for the first time. She changed my diaper (I have also had bowel movements which is great!), took my temperature, and help move me to my stomach. Since mom and dad are not allowed to hold me, this is the most contact we can have. Dad was there and held my hand.... next time I hope that he will be able to help with the daily activities. I am going to be weighed tonight or tomorrow night. They say I may or may not have gained any weight, but that doesn't mean that I am not doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment