Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011

Happy one month birthday to me! This weekend has been up and down, and according to the doctors and nurses... that is the life of a premee. There is some mucus built up in my lungs and that is causing me to have a few more problems breathing. The nurses turned up the ventilator last night in order to help break up the mucus. However, throughout today my breathing has sounded better and therefore my ventilator settings have come back down. In addition, my feedings are continuing to be increased. I am not getting 7 ccs. and at my 9 o'clock feedings I will be up to 8 ccs! Hopefully this will help me grow faster which the doctors say is the most important thing for me to become healthier. The bigger I am, the better I am going to be able to fight off infection and breath better!

No comments:

Post a Comment