Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday Alexander... Happy birthday to me! I am offically two weeks old. My oxygen is still doing well and when mom and dad left today I was on 21.5% oxygen (That is room air!) The doctors also turned down the ventilator today and I maintained enough oxygen so that is great. I am confusing the doctor a little because my belly is still full and a little discolored. They are not sure what is going on... but they did a baby gram (x-ray) and didn't see anything abnormal. So... there are few theories being tossed around. Maybe I have gas, maybe I was tolerating my feedings (they are continuing to hold the through the weekend), or maybe I am getting another infection. Hopefully this will all settle out quickly and I can keep on moving foward. I got my first kiss from my mommy today. That was very special and made both mommy and me smile!!! Please keep on praying for me... it means so much to my family! Thank you again for the many positive thoughts!!!

1 comment: