Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

 
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially my mom! There are some firsts that are wonderful, like my first mother's day. Then there are some firsts that are not so great. Like my first infection. Mom and dad had been warned that I would most likely get at least one infection during my time in the NICU. So... today it happened. I'm not feeling that great and my oxygen levels had to be moved back up, but I started antibiotics and will be ok. My vitals are all still stable, I just need to rest. Mom came to visit me this morning, and I had made a card for her, bought her a flower and a beautiful diamond and silver necklace. The card and flower were on top of my incubator, and the necklace was wrapped up and held inside with me. Mom cried when she saw it... just the reaction I wanted to get! The necklace is a diamond so she always remembers my birthstone. I also got to meet Kym... one of my biggest fans! She is a great friend of mom and dad, and has always been really supportive of me. I was excited to meet her and she said I was perfect too! Happy mother's day again to all those wonderful moms out there.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to meet you too!!!!!! I am actually happy to share my birthday week with YOU!!!!! That's a HUGE deal!!!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I lost my daughter at 30 weeks due to preeclampsia and hellp. I am so very sorry you had to experience preeclampsia but happy that your little boy is given such a fighting chance! I will be thinking of you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete