Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011


This morning, when mom and dad came to visit me, the nurse told them that I had a little bit of a difficult time last night. My CO2 levels were going up again, therefore, the ventilator settings had to be increased. They started another blood transfusion and were they were going to wait and see how I was doing after that. When mom returned in the afternoon, my ventilator settings had gone down one and I the nurse reported that my CO2 levels were back to normal. Hopefully, all I needed was some more blood and mom and dad are hoping that I am back on an upward spiral. Mom went to visit her students at school today. She told them all about me, one of them asked her to come back. She told them that she couldn't be back yet because she needs to be with me. He stated that he would build me a bed that I could stay in and that his mom is a nurse and both her and I could come be with mom all day at school. Mom was glad to know that her students miss her as she misses them! It was also very nice of them to say that I could come to school too1 Think I am ready for fifth grade yet?
19 days old! I am getting bigger and stronger each and every day.

2 comments:

  1. he looks so fantastic! Thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I just heard from my family about Alexander. Thank you for taking the time to write these updates. I am thinking about you, your family and especially Alexander. Sounds like he's a little fighter and has lots of support from friends and family. Thinking of you all and sending a big hug! Go Alexander!!!!

    ReplyDelete