Monday, October 17, 2011
October 17, 2011
As the course of the NICU goes... I am again having a difficult time. Last week I was retaining a lot of CO2... so the doctors put me back on the oscillator. Since then, my CO2 has come down, but today my oxygen requirements have gone way up. The doctors decided to start steroids again, however, there is no way of knowing if this is going to work. Tomorrow, they are going to do a heart ECHO. If the heart muscles have been working too hard, then the heart will be enlarged and there is not anything that can be done to correct that. Mom and dad are very scared... as the doctors are not sounding very hopeful. This is a very hard time for us all... I will try and keep this updated, however, as things progress... it may become more difficult. Thank you for the continued love and prayers.